I politely asked Mrs. Johnson if there was anyway I could meet with her students. She was delighted about the fact that I wanted to be involved with the ESOL kids. I am working on scheduling a meeting with these students. I was told that their ESOL class was from 8:55 to 12:15, and unfortunately at that time I am still in school. However, she is willing to put together a day where the students and I can meet in her classroom after I get out of school.
I am currently working on getting together information to share with the students. I have decided on putting together a motivational video for the students. This video is going to include the negative reality about Latino education in the US and how we can change that reality to make a better future for ourselves. I am also going to write out a questionnaire for the students to fill out, so I can get to know about their home life, school life, and academic/life goals.
Also, Lilburn Park is hosting an International Festival and Mrs. Johnson will be there to represent Trickum Middle School. I am planning on going to visit here while she is there and discussing my plans with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment