Monday, September 22, 2014

The past week has been such a great week for my organization. I was able to schedule 2 meetings to get together with Latino students and discuss academic success.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the ESOL students at Trickum Middle School and I am sharing my academic story with them.

Later next month, I am meeting with Bethesda Elementary 5th graders to tell them about my academic success.

Here is an outline on what I want to speak to them about:

  • About me 
- My current academic performance
- My past academics
- Fun personal facts so they can know me better

  • Ways that I was able to overcome academic setbacks
- How teachers helped
- Getting past the language barrier
-Doing homework
- Importance of reading and writing

  • Latino Success
- Statistics
- Failure should not be expected from us
- Raise above the stereotypes

  • My assistance 
-Explain how I can help them out

  • How to get involved and be academically successful
-Extracurricular (Clubs, Sports)
- AP Classes
- Be on good terms with grown ups
- Study
- Stay motivated and do not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment