Sunday, September 28, 2014

This week I began meeting with students at Trickum Middle School. On Tuesday straight after school, I went to TMS. Once I got there I finally met Mrs. Estrada- Johnson and I quickly remembered that I was her student for Latin my 7th grade year.

She had a list of students that she was pulling out of class to come talk to me. There were about 25 Latino students from 6th to 8th grade. Immediately the students wanted to know the reason why I was there.

I put together a presentation on the information about my organization.

After I was done talking they had many questions. Here are some of them:
- How is high school?
- Where can I get more information on scholarships?
- How will college be?
- What if I don't know what I want to be when I grow up?

On October 6th I will be visiting them. I made a sheet for them to fill out so I can get to know them better. I had a great connection with these students and I am so excited to start working with them more.

Also. Mrs. Johnson and I really got along. She told me about her experiences as a Latino student when she was younger. I'm so thankful I have get help on all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment