Saturday, September 6, 2014

Progess

This Friday in class I emailed the Arcado Elementary School and Trickum Middle School principles. I informed them about beginning this ELL organization. I still have no received respond from the Arcado principle, however, the Trickum Middle School principle, Kay Sands, responded.

She replied saying:
"Hello Emily,
I have copied Ms. Estrada-Johnson, our ESOL teacher.  I think she will be
interested in knowing about your goal and be able to coordinate something
with you.  We are participating in the International Festival in Lilburn,
and you may be able to contribute to that by working with the Latino
students.
I can here the passion in your email, and it is a delight to know about
your success story!
Hopefully Ms. E. can work with you regarding your idea.
Take care,"


After receiving this email I began to feel so uplifted and I am hopeful that this organization will be successful. 

My plans for this upcoming week are to hopefully receive an email from the Arcado principle, construct and informational sheet to give out to the parents of the students I begin to be introduced to.

Also, Monday and Tuesday night I am volunteering at Knight Elementary School to translate for Spanish speaking parents during conferences. I will take this opportunity to speak to parents and teachers about the organization.  

No comments:

Post a Comment